Crazy but true.....
In 1980, thirty-one years after the Road Runner cartoons debuted, in an episode titled "Soup or Sonic," Wile E. Coyote finally catches the Road Runner; he then holds up a sign saying, "Okay, wise guys, you always wanted me to catch him. Now what do I do?"
- The English invented football - known in America as soccer - when they kicked around the heads of Danish invaders they had slaughtered.
- Botanically speaking, the banana is an herb, the jalapeno is a fruit, and apples and peaches are members of the rose family. Pineapples, oranges, lemons, watermelons and tomatoes are all berries.
- The word "assassin" comes from the name Hashshashin (which means "hashish-eater") given to a militant sect of Islamic Shiites whose mission was to overthrow Suni Muslims by killing off their leaders in the 9th century.
- 2,500 left handers die each year using products designed for right handers (e.g., doors)
- 23% of all photocopier faults worldwide are caused by people sitting on them and photocopying thier butts.
- There are more stars in the universe than grains of sand on the entire earth.
- Snails can sleep for three years.
- Dismal first-year sales of famous products: VW (U.S.) sold 330 Beetles first year; Liquid Paper sold 1,200 bottles; Cuisinart sold 200 machines; Remington typewriter (what's a typewriter!?!) sold 8 first year; Scrabble sold 532; Coca-Cola sold 25 bottles.
- Goats eyes have rectangular pupils.
- Compact discs read from the inside to the outside edge; the reverse of how a record works.
- Dogs can make approximately 100 different facial expressions.
Champagne Bottle Sizes
Magnum = 2 bottles
Jeroboam = 4 bottles
Rehoboam = 6 bottles
Methuselah = 8 bottles
Salmanazar = 12 bottles
Balthazar = 16 bottles
Nebuchadnezzar = 20 bottles (...that's a party!)